Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Manufacturers in alphabetical order
Manufacturers in alphabetical order

2185 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: 2016-02-26 17:06:23

•   Level 2   
    (48) points
    Balljoint
    2016-01-31 20:35:26
     Hi

When starting diagnosis, is it possible to display the manufacturers in alphabetical order instead of the random order and also for the unit to remember whether it was set to all or specific locations, ie Europe, when turne off

Thank you

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-02-01 10:03:59 (Reply to:Balljoint)

As for the manufacturers order, thanks for your suggestion and we will consider it. But for remeber the locations, I think the current version can support it already, if you exit without tapping Return, it will remeber it.

•   Level 2   
    (48) points
    Balljoint
    2016-02-02 10:14:13 (Reply to:Support02)
     Only works if you put unit in sleep mode, not if you turn unit off which I do to preserve battery power

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    AutelArash

2016-02-25 13:50:00

This seems like a very fundamental request/layout. Of course in order for the unit to be user friendly, manufacturers should always be shown in alphabetical order, regardless of which region that has been chosen.

Also, there should be an option to add some manufacturers to a "Favorites" list for quick access.

I am surprised that this fine product with so many years history does not have this basic outline/feature.

If we think of it the other way, what thought process has taken place that has led to the conclusion that "let's arrange the manufacturers all mixed up"? Presentation of information should be a key project in such a tool/software/app. 

How have you reached the current layout decision?

Regards,
    Arash

•   Level 2   
    (48) points
    Balljoint
    2016-02-25 17:34:45 (Reply to:AutelArash)
     That was exactly my view.
    Clearly Autel software engineers have a different view.
    I have always thought that computers worked in a logical fashion not random.
    Still at least they are considering it.
    Lets hope that they implement it soon
    Regards
    Balljoint

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-02-26 06:02:15

Thank you for all your suggestions and we will conisder it. If you have any other good suggestions to improve our product, feel free to report to us. Thanks for the cooperation.

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2016-02-26 17:06:23 (Reply to:Balljoint)

I think you don't need alphabetic order if you have a search button. It will take more time to find then to search.

But is just my opinion.
  Total1 Pages